Immersion French as a second language
The language skills training course is organized by the Center l’Istorlet in Îles-de-la-Madeleine. It is headed by a New Brunswick educational advisor who specializes in second-language instruction. It is intended for teachers who want to improve and maintain their language level. Classes are held in the morning and the afternoon is reserved for sports and cultural activities. In addition, trainees are housed in host families, ensuring full immersion in French.
The course is organized around a series of educational activities putting into practice the multidimensional approach. Participants will be asked to engage in a two-part educational project, that is, linguistics and language skills practice.
• Develop language skills both orally and in writing.
• Deepen knowledge related to project-based learning didactics.
• Promote cultural exchanges within the Francophonie.
Target audience and requirements
• Participants: The internship is intended for teachers working in French as a second language programs in the education system of the Canadian provinces and the United States.
• Prerequisite: Level A1 (Beginner) to B2 (Advanced Plus) proficiency level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and the Canadian Provinces Scale as well as the US HTA Scale.
Recognition of the internship:
• Five units from the University of Maine at Orono for US professors.
• Certificate awarded by the Istorlet Nautical Center.
NOTE: Please contact the Ministry of Education official in your province for financial assistance.